PhD Candidate / Research Assistant Position
I am looking for highly-motivated candidates to join my newly established research group at CISPA, starting from October 2020. The ideal candidate should be very passionate about researching new methods for finding and preventing security and privacy issues in real systems. Checkout my previous publications for a better understanding of my research area. You can find more details about the job either below or on the institute's announcement.
- Master's and/or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Very good command of written and spoken English. Writing academic papers and giving scientific presentations are the two most important ways to present one's scientific results.
- Ability to work independently and to focus long-term. Please provide a link to your most consistent individual project.
- Experience with web technologies and/or with penetration testing is a plus.
- Perform high-quality research in the group's area of interest.
- Get involved with the research community by attending and publishing at top cybersecurity venues.
- Reach out both to the academic community and to the open-source community for making our projects/ideas visible. More concretely, we expect the PhD candidates to regularly attend, present posters and give talks at conferences and other events in their area of expertise.
- Directly supervise and mentor Bachelor- or Master-level course projects or theses. Occasionally, the PhD candidates may be involved in teaching university courses, but the teaching load is expected to be rather low.
What we offer:
- PhD students in Germany are full-time state employees and are paid a competitive salary according to the salary scheme TV-L E 13.
- Opportunities to continuously acquire new skills, for example, by taking additional university courses, self studying, attending international conferences.
- Regular interactions with your adviser and direct mentoring in, e.g., applying the scientific method, software design, or scientific writing.
- CISPA Helmholtz Center for Information Security is one of the top institutions in cybersecurity in the world.
The emoji on this page was designed by OpenMoji.